new speakup enabled version of KNOPPIX announced

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Tue Jul 27 11:40:43 EDT 2004

Hi, John:

I'm trying to boot this knoppix with no success so far on an old Pentium
2. Of course, it's hard to tell you what's going wrong since I get no
speech whatsoever. So, let me just ask a few things:

1.)	Can you please put an MD5SUM on line for this iso image?

2.)	Is the command sequence first the longish command that starts
"knoppix" as given in your README? Should there then be speech before
one types "exit"? Or does one first type "exit"?

3.)	Should I expect this knoppix to work with the Doubletalk
internal? Or only serial synths?

4.)	There seems to be some variance in spelling knoppix. The
directory name is all lower case, but the iso filename has KNOPPIX all
upper case. Just to confirm, the boot command begins knoppix all lower
case, is that correct?