new speakup enabled version of KNOPPIX announced

John covici covici at ccs.covici.com
Mon Jul 26 17:02:51 EDT 2004

I am pleased to announce that I have made a speakup enabled version
of KNOPPIX version 3.4 which is available as an iso image in the
directory pub/speakup/disks/knoppix at ftp.braille.uwo.ca .

There is one small bug in the kernel 2.4 boot, but otherwise the
package seems to work OK.  Changes from the standard KNOPPIX are
listed in the file README.speakup in the same directory.

KNOPPIX is a live Linux on cd which is good for a rescue disk and
other applications where you cannot get to your existing Linux or
even if you don't have Linux on your system at allyou can use the cd
to start learning Linux.

I know of one minor bug that if you boot with the 2.4.26 kernel you
may have to type exit during the boot before continuing.  Otherwise
it works fine on my system so if I don't hear soon I will upload the
bug fixed version in a few days.

Have fun.]

--
         John Covici