FC1 and cvs

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Fri Jul 16 21:00:19 EDT 2004

I tried using cvs -d:pserver:anonymous at braille.uwo.ca:/usr/src/CVS login
<cr> and got a password prompt and responded with please <cr> and kept on
getting aborted connection refused.  I'm using Fedora Core 1 since I
haven't been able to burn a good set of FC2 iso's yet.  That was about 25
CD's wasted on that attempt.  The md5 -c MD5SUM command returns okay for
all 9 iso's.  Does a way exist to run md5sum on a CD once it's been
burned?  Some people found the mediacheck program defective in FC2 and I
think too much experimental junk got put into cdrecord in FC1 after this
experience.  Fortunately I have the ability to test that premise since I
forgot to throw out my RedHat 8.0 disk set.  If I get lucky after
adjusting that cdrecord package downward in version I'll let you all know.
Is the CVS server down or is yarrow's CVS also broken?