names for devices and can I make mutt receive and send mail without exim?

Sean M McMahon smcmahon at usgs.gov
Fri Jul 16 20:13:43 EDT 2004

My cd rom I think is /cdrom, my root partician and all below it is / in
the harddrive, but how do I save something to my floppy drive?  The second
question is because I want to either  get rid of my mta altogether or have
it only wory about local mail.  If anyone knows of a good mutt tutorial on
how to make it work with pop without using exim, which it's doing now, or
of a better mailer which will do this, let me know.  I figure I don't
really need an mta because I am the user and I'd like to avoid the
security risk.  Sean