Proftpd question

Joseph C. Lininger jbahm at pcdesk.net
Fri Jul 16 10:39:22 EDT 2004

Well, form a security stand point, running an ftp server in and of
itself is not a security concern. However, make sure to keep up to date
with patches and stuff for any servers you run, be it ftp or otherwise.
This way, people are not able to take advantage of the latest in
security holes to compromize your system. Also, you'll want the
anonymous stuff to be configured so that people can't write to it, and
you want to lock users in to the directory where the files are located
via chroot. Proftpd does the chroot thing by default, and simply setting
the correct permitions should accomplish the read-only thing.

- --
Joseph C. Lininger
jbahm at pcdesk.net
Note, the following is used for automated processing. Please lieve in
tact if quoting me in a reply.
Verification: 5eab38a77ac40416e075be8f50607ff7