Proftpd question

Jayson Smith ratguy at bellsouth.net
Fri Jul 16 02:05:42 EDT 2004

Hi,
Got it working.  I just moved the files to /home/ftp and made a symlink in
/var/www.  Is it ok from a security standpoint to open up ftp to the outside
world?  I have an unofficial mirror of the unofficial Dectalk archive, an
archive of Dectalk as well as several other synths singing, performing
skits, and all sorts of other weirdness.  Would it be ok to allow the
outside world to access this via ftp?  They can already access it via http.
Jayson.