mplayer and alsa

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Wed Jul 14 15:36:06 EDT 2004

There is an explicit switch to run with ALSA. I'm sorry, but I can't
look it up just now because all my machines that run mplayer are
unavailable at the moment. You should search for 'alsa' in the rather
extensive man page for mplayer.

Also, you can always alias the mplayer command to include the alsa
parameter.