mplayer and alsa

Cheryl Homiak chomiak at charter.net
Wed Jul 14 13:02:47 EDT 2004

I asked this on the mplayer-users list but haven't got a response; thought
somebody here might know.
When I run mplayer with an url and >error.txt 2>&1 to see what's
happening, although my mplayer seems to be working fine, one thing I see
is:
AO [oss]
I do have alsa compiled into my 2.6.7 kernel and it is detected by mplayer
during the configure. the default for alsa in the configure is autodetect
so I didn't think I had to specifically enable it but now I'm wondering.
should the AO line say something about alsa and if so, what do I do about
it?
thanks.

--
Cheryl