economical linux OCR?

Terry D. Cudney terry at wasaga.dyns.net
Tue Jul 13 23:51:18 EDT 2004

Hello Terry,

	Woah there! Nobody is trying to insult anyone! I did ask you, "Do you know this for a fact?".

	I have been talking to Ralph DeWitt over the last 3 months, the last time was an email last Friday. He has been repeating that Vividata has to this point, no policy or price on a single-user distribution for blind users. In fact he clearly told me that the idea is interesting to him and last Friday suggested that I put the xtrclilite package up for ftp access so that blind users would not have to negotiate the Java on the registration form on the Vividata website.

	Who were you in contact with at Vividata?

	I'm hoping that they will make the package available to us for a much lower price A couple of years ago they did have a $99 single-user, blind distribution.

	Anyway, sorry to ruffle your feathers, but there have been numerous postings containing assertions that were far from the facts. That doesn't help anyone. With communication, cooperation and solid facts to work with we'll get a lot further in our endeavours.

	--terry

--

Name:	Terry D. Cudney
Phone:	(705) 422-0039
E-mail:	terry at wasaga.dyns.net
Web:	wasaga.dyns.net

Having a smoking section in a restaurant is like...
having a peeing sectionin a swimming pool.