economical linux OCR?

Jacob Schmude jschmude at adelphia.net
Tue Jul 6 07:58:26 EDT 2004

Hi guys
 	Anyone know of a reasonably priced OCR for linux? I took OCR shop
XTR for an evaluation run and, while I like it, it's price tag is way up
there--more so than any windows-based OCR at around $2300, $950 for the
light version. I didn't pay half that for finereader on windows, and I
think that price tag is just plain ludicrous. I haven't gotten anywhere
with gocr or ocrad, which are free. Anyone know of any other OCR programs
for linux? If I could find a good OCR program I could finally trash
windblows for good. Failing that, I just might have to see how well vmware
would work and run finereader in that.