cvs setup question

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Fri Jul 2 15:46:32 EDT 2004

Given an out of the box Linux installation, what needs to be done to cvs
before logging onto the braille.uwo.ca cvs server and checking out
projects like socrates and listen-up?  What I figured might be possible
after that short server type installation was to go into each disks RPMS
directory and do rpm -ivh * --nodeps and whatever files failed the rpm
test would be failed by verification.  Then I figured to use yum and do
yum install * to get files I didn't already have because those had errored
out back on the rpm command and install those files, then I'd have a
complete FC2 installation if not necessarily having gone through the
normal installation process.