linux and speakup installation

Karen Lewellen klewellen at shellworld.net
Sat Jan 31 21:40:58 EST 2004

Hello Brandon,
Welcome to the list.
While many others will answer I am sure, in general
you have far more flex-ability and far more options for voice with linux
and speakup than you do with
windows.
the synthesizer refers to hardware options, either cards or  external
devices that can
serve as the voice for you instead of just using the software card, which
in my opinion
 sounds poor.
An example of such a device is the DecTalk express.
Hope this helps,
Karen