online banking with Bank of America: not quite accessible enough

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Sat Jan 31 11:15:32 EST 2004

The old classic solution to this bit of browserism is simply to lie. In
lynx, and possibly in links, there is a "masquerading as" setting, where
you can define the identification string that will be supplied to t with
your http connection. So, you can pretend to be any browser they want!

Now, what actual strings we need to put in there is something I no
longer know off the top of my head. Perhaps we can set up some tests
among us over the next few days and collect some good lies??

Cheryl Homiak writes:
> From: Cheryl Homiak <chomiak at charter.net>
>
> This has come up for discussion several times, and I'm sorry if I'm being
> hopelessly dense, but I've never figured out to what I should change the
> user agent string. Can somebody attempt (once again--sorry) to clarify
> this for me?
> Thanks.
>
> --
> Cheryl

Janina Sajka
Email: janina at rednote.net
Phone: +1 (202) 408-8175

Director, Technology Research and Development
American Foundation for the Blind (AFB)
http://www.afb.org

Chair, Accessibility Work Group
Free Standards Group