using Less commands

Ed Thurston thurston at ntelos.net
Thu Jan 29 15:48:09 EST 2004

Hello Steve and all who have  been helping me come to terms with the Linux
world.

Things don't seem nearly as  bleak with towering mountains of new things to
learn just to run  new application programs.

Steve, the  help command  with the question mark, really  did the trick!
This brought most of the sc commands together  into a compact bunch and I
can pick and choose what I  need.  This help screen sort of reminds me of
using  Lotus in Dos using  Artic Business vision.  Most of the options seem
the same even though the specific  commands are different.  That is just a
matter of  learning  new  commands.   Excells command structure  is  quite
different and I  need to concentrate on the speakup  commands to navigate
and   put the Jaws ones out of mind.

thanks  folks, I won't be bothering you for awhile  unless I get  really
stuck on something!

Thanks much!

Ed.