DECtalk Software Speech

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Mon Jan 26 15:55:40 EST 2004

Yah, I reall hate that when one is more or less forced to use an older
version of the base compiler.  I do get the feeling that some of the
recent changes to GCC have been problematic however.  I don't know
enough about the low level details to convert header files or whatever
to make it more compatible with later versions.  That's another
problem with using precompiled libraries like this.  If you had the
source, you could simply recompile the whole shibang and hopefully
clear up such problems.