using Less commands

Ed Thurston thurston at ntelos.net
Mon Jan 26 15:38:46 EST 2004

Hello Listers,

	I have spent some time in learning some of the  commands  for the Less
Utility Program. However, I am stumped as how to use the command to mark
the point in the body of text being read in order to  return to it later.

For instance the help file says  to mark the place to  return to with
m<letter>.

Does this mean to use the letter m to mark the place?  Whenever I do so, it
does not work.  When I go to the  top of the file in question and   press
the  apostrophe key which is supposed to  go to the marker, nothing
happens.  It just says marked text not found.

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Also will the marker remain in place so that I can return to it at another
time?  Or will it be lost  when I turn off  the computer?

Many thanks,

Ed,