Pine & SMTP Authentication

Steve Holmes steve at holmesgrown.com
Fri Jan 16 10:10:58 EST 2004

Ahh, but this is to a separate SMTP server for outbound only.  It uses
a separate user/password pair.  I use this at my office so I call home
to my IMAP server to get inbound mail but to send it out, I have to
use a separate mail server that I have access to.  I had no trouble
doing this with outlook express but can't seem to get it done with
pc-pine.  When I just supply the user string as in /user=id, I never
get prompted for a password.  I wonder if pine is trying to use my
IMAP password over here on the SMTP box.

--
HolmesGrown Solutions
The best solutions for the best price!