trouble with login

Kenny Hitt kenny at hittsjunk.net
Sat Jan 10 11:24:04 EST 2004

Hi.  I've been having the same problem for the last month or so.  I'm
running Debian Unstable.  I have the problem with 2.60 as well as
2.4.22.  I wonder if the problem is the Kernel?
It only seems to happen on consoles 2 through 6.  Console 1 works the
way it always did.  Most of the time, I don't get an init error, just a
message in syslog from getty saying the console is still in use.

Hope this helps.
          Kenny