networking linux with microsoft, is it easy?

cris filastin48 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 8 16:40:42 EST 2004

Hi again folks,
There is a misunderstanding here.  I need to make the connection in my
office.  My office is not wired, the only connection to the internet in my
office is wireless.  I have two computers there, the first is using the
windows operating system.  It has a wireless card and through it I can
access the internet just fine.  The second computer is a linux box using
fedora.  I already tried four different wireless cards on it, and got
nowhere.  I simply could not find any linux drivers for any of them.  I
would like to access the internet with the linux fedora box I have in my
office, instead of using the windows computer.  Now, since the only access I
have to the internet is through windows. I want to try to network the linux
box to the windows system for the sole purpose of accessing the internet.
Is this possible.  I got a network router lying around at home.  I thought
if i take it to the office and link the two computers together, I may be
able to access the internet with my linux box, through the wireless
connection I have working on the machine using windows.  I hope this is
clearer now.
By the way, Janina, What wireless card are you using?
Cheers,
Cris