block-major-70 not loading

Darragh lists at digitaldarragh.com
Sun Jan 4 20:58:51 EST 2004

Hello,
the below line is coming up a lot during boot up.
Module: cannot load module-major-70

This was stopping boot up a while ago but its continuing on now.

Speakup isn't speaking at boot up either.  I've used the steps in the howto
and I got a message telling me that it had loded the apollo module.

This doesn't seem to be causing any problems but am interested in the cause.

Oh by the way,  When in gnome the apollo speaks a lot of rubbish like C
sadilla - a euomlout and so on.  I don't know if its speakup causing it but
its very strange.

I have remembered to turn speakup off with the print screen button before
going into gnome.

When I go back out of gnome with control alt f1 threw f6 I don't get
anything from the apollo.

Any ideas what's causing this?  Could it be related to the other problem?

Darragh