Problems when installing Fedora

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Sun Jan 4 17:51:43 EST 2004

OOpps. My fault and very sorry for that.

I think the answer is simple. You don't have a path to mkinitrd or
chkconfig. So, the answer to specify the full path. I'll change that
now.

Darragh--I haven't seen your other message yet, but don't jump to the
conclusion that you need to reinstall. It's probably not correct.

PS: What happened? I thought you had Fedora working, and then I saw
posts from you talking about Mandrake. Are you working on multiple
machines?

Darragh writes:
> From: "Darragh" <lists at digitaldarragh.com>
>
> Hello all,
> I'm having a problem with the installation of Fedora.
>
> When I finish the main installation and I'm told to reboot I follow the instructions on the new howto.
>
> I go into the second console and change to the
> /mnt/sysimage
> I use the command
> chroot .
> then I change to
> cd /lib/modules
> then I use the following command
> mkinitrd -v -f /boot/initrd-{tab} --with=speakup_apollo {TAB}
>
> but it tells me that it cant find the initrd command.
>

> same with the next line
> chkconfig --level 2345 firstboot off
> it tells me that it cant find the chkconfig command.
>
> After that I just decided to hell with it and rebooted the machine.
>
> Do any of you know what's rong?
>
> I'm finished the installation but have to do it again as something whent rong shortly afterwords I'll cover it in the next mail.
>
> Darragh

Janina Sajka
Email: janina at rednote.net
Phone: (202) 408-8175

Director, Technology Research and Development
American Foundation for the Blind (AFB)
http://www.afb.org

Chair, Accessibility Work Group
Free Standards Group