Caller ID?

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Sat Jan 3 15:34:08 EST 2004

Well, I didn't know. But I had the phone number of my favorite hotel in
Amsterdam handy, so I tried it. Would you believe it worked? I put in:

31 20-621

And I got this back as the second link--unfortunately not the first link

AMSTERDAM RENAISSANCE HOTEL - www.ezboard.com
   ... AMSTERDAM RENAISSANCE HOTEL Kattengat 1 Amsterdam, 1012 SZ Noord
      Holland, Netherlands Phone: 31 20-621 2223
       So,I decided to leave the plus off and next tried my home phone
       number, and it didn't work. So, then I logged into
       http://www.google.com/de and tried my home number again.  and it
       still didn't work.

       So, I guess it only works if you include a country code out of
       the U.S.? And, for U.S. you mstn't include one? That's my best
       surmisal, anyway.

Janina Sajka