off topic - mp3 players not software

showell at lrxms.net showell at lrxms.net
Sat Jan 3 11:37:05 EST 2004

Folks,

I have been toying with the idea that I would like to get myself a mp3
player. Here are a few questions. FIrst I don't recall there being a
means to communicate with a mp3 player other than I thik the Rio? In any
case I really would prefer to not be limited to the mp3 format. So is
there a hardware-based players that support the vorbis/ogg format as
well as mp3? If so how does the unit communicate with Linux.
I found a player that apparently could support other formats, but from
what I gather does not at this time and so was not to willing to buy the
thing unless I knew for sure it could communicate with a LInux box and
could and will support other formats. I found the thing on Computer
Geeks site, http://www.computergeeks.com and now can't recall its exact
name. If you search you'll find that unit if your interested.

tia
Scott