new RedHat user with a question

Stephen Clower steve at steve-audio.net
Fri Feb 27 09:14:23 EST 2004

Hi Tom,
Thanks a lot for the detailed replies. One of the reasons I want to install Linux, especially the Gnome desktop, is to get back into the "swing" of things and start programming again in C++ and Java. The fact that one can now even write Word documents and use spreadsheets in Open Office is simply fantastic. I know there's a long way to go, but considering the type of operating system we're dealing with, even the fact that accessibility has made it this far is amazing.
  If I can just get my hard drive partitioned without accidentally reformatting the whole thing, Linux should hopefully be up and working today.