new RedHat user with a question

Tom and Esther Ward tward1978 at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 27 08:47:19 EST 2004

Hi, Steve.
Fedora comes with gnopernicus 0.7.0 packages. However, 0.7.0 is out of date,
and I believe the current stable version is 0.7.1 and the current unstable
version is 0.7.4.
Once you get your system installed you will have to make a decision on
weather you wish to take the easy route and install and setup the existing
gnopernicus 0.7 Fedora packages,, or download the 0.7.1 source and upgrade,
or try gnome 2.6 unstable with gnopernicus 0.7.4.
Since you are new at Linux probably you will want to install the Fedora
gnopernicus rpms, and set the accessibility conf keys, and start with that
until you are able to compile source packages.
You can deal with gnpernicus once you have mostly everything installed.
However, make sure to install xwindows, gnome 2.4, and gnome devel in your
install. It will help if you wish to update specific gnome packages from
source.