ot: nic question

Alex Snow alex_snow at gmx.net
Thu Feb 12 19:18:17 EST 2004

I recently got an ibm laptop with a 3com megahertz 3CXM356 modem
ethernet (?) combo pcmcia card. the really weird thing is everywhare I
look it says that this is only a modem card. However I have the dongle
you plug into the pc card to hook up an ethernet cable. there are two
jacks, one of those "x-jack" connecters for the phone, and a place to
plug in the dongle for an ethernet connection. I have looked everyware
on the net and can't find anything that says it's a combo but it has to
be...otherwise the dongle would'nt plug in.
anyone have any ideas?
thanks.

back.