Debian Packages Question

Kenny Hitt kenny at hittsjunk.net
Sun Feb 8 12:47:38 EST 2004

Hi.  Forget is used to "forget new packages".  If you run stable, it
isn't useful for much.  On an unstable system, packages added to Debian
since the last time you did an apt-get update or an aptitude update show
up in a new packages group.
I always make sure to read the screen before I confirm I really want
aptitude to continue installing or removing packages.  It sometimes does
unexpected things.  When it decides to remove something important, just
schrole down to the package name and change it back with + or -
before I let aptitude continue.  Also, the leter g is a shortcut for
install/remove.

Hope this helps.
          Kenny