Debian Packages Question

Scott Berry scott at drscott.dyndns.biz
Sun Feb 8 11:38:00 EST 2004

Here is what I do Janina.  I use a program called Aptitude.  In this app
you can actually go under installed applications and then pick the
particular subcategory like docs electronics or games and then you
choose the one you want to remove if you like.  the way to remove the
package is to highlight the name of the package with the cursor and then
hit the dash key on the top of the keyboard and this tells Aptitude to
remove the package.  Then when you are actually ready to do the true
remove just hit the f10 key and enter on install/uninstall which is the
top object.  Then you must hit f10 one more time I think this is a
security feature so you don't actually remove something you don't want
to remove.  There is also a f for forget package but haven't
successfully gotten this to work when removing packages.  What this does
is simply delete the package from the list as long as it is highlighted
I believe.  I haven't read much of the docs on this it was pretty simple
to get going so I have been a touch lazzy about reading the docs.On Sun, 8