Kernel patches for speakup-enabled Redhat?

Michael Hannon jmh at physics.ucdavis.edu
Fri Feb 6 21:49:44 EST 2004

Greetings.  We've recently downloaded and installed linux speakup for the
first time.  As we run mostly Redhat linux around here, we chose to
download the speakup-enabled version of Redhat, as found at:

http://www.linux-speakup.org/ftp/disks/redhat/cdroms.html

This has worked very well, and the blind student who uses the system is
delighted with it.

I noticed today that there is a new version of the kernel available for
Redhat version 9.  It's easy enough to get and install a new kernel from
the RPM's, but it looks as if doing that would "break" speakup.

Can any of you folks comment about this?  Do we have to rebuild a custom,
speakup-enabled kernel?  Or do the people that provided the ISO's for the
distribution make one available?

Thanks.
Michael Hannon            mailto:hannon at physics.ucdavis.edu
Dept. of Physics          530.752.4966
University of California  530.752.4717 FAX
Davis, CA 95616-8677