can't find serial port

Kyrath. (AKA Rob) kyrath at cox.net
Fri Feb 6 11:07:04 EST 2004

OK, I admit to not being the most knowledgeable about the inner workings of
hardware and software interaction, but, if I were to boot off a linux
floppy/cd, wouldn't the DOS and windows confusion about com1 be a mute
point?
Doesn't linux assess the hardware and assign its own device labels,
regardless of what DOS/windows would want to name them if they were booted?
-- Rob