Enabling ssh access in red hat 9

Tom and Esther Ward tward1978 at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 5 01:35:54 EST 2004

Hi, Jared.
In Red Hat 9 you have two choices for disabling the firewall. You can simply
stop the service will be down until you restart, or you can turn it off for
good.
If you just want to turn it off for a while you can use the service command
while logged in as root as follows:
service iptables stop
To restart the service:
service iptables start
If you want to turn iptables off completely:
chkconfig --level 35 iptables off
To turn it back on:
chkconfig --level 35 iptables on