moving files

Glenn at home GlennErvin at cableone.net
Fri Dec 24 09:35:58 EST 2004

I wonder if someone can tell me what is wrong with the syntax for this
command.
I am trying to move a bunch of folders of music, one at a time, from the
folder I was able to log into on the web with my XP machine, and upload some
files.
Then on the same router, where I have my Debian unit, I am trying to move
the folders to a place where they can be found by users on the web.
the folder is called: 50's
And the word "Name" is in place of my user name.
mv /home/name/50's /home/ftp/pub/music
When I issue this command, it just sits there doing nothing.
Thanks for any assistance.
Glenn