More "Log-On" related questions

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Thu Dec 23 09:49:42 EST 2004

I haven't found this to be very much of a problem, though it certainly
could be one. For example, I typically have many lynx sessions running.

I did, however, want to say that I particularly appreciate how smart
mutt is about such things. It will happily switch write access to
whichever console has focus. Consequently, I used to go back and forth
between home and my office for weeks on end never logging out of mutt at
either site. Of course, I would also do a "$" command to sync the
current view to the actual mailbox.

Nowadays, I do things a bit differently. I have procmail sorting mail
into several folders, and I run screen to automatically open five of
these folders into a diffrent terminal view on console 1. I detach and
reattach this screen session depending on which room I'm currently
working in. Very handy.