making speakup settings stick

Chuck Hallenbeck chuckh at hhs48.com
Mon Dec 20 13:29:26 EST 2004

David,

There is a script called speakupconf included with the speakup CVS
sources. Move it to a directory on your execution path such as
/usr/local/bin, and then you can type "speakupconf save" to save the
current settings and "speakupconf load" to restore them.

HTH
Chuck

PS: Thanks, Steve Holmes.

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004, David Bruzos wrote:

> Hi Everyone:
> Is there any way to make the speakup voice, pitch, rate, etc, settings
> stick after a system reboot?
>
> I know that I can make a boot script to reset the settings, but it seems
> that there is a better way to do this.  You know, a config file, or
> something like that...
>
> Thanks all.
>
> David B.

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (71% of Full)
"Things are in the saddle, and they ride mankind." Ralph Waldo Emerson
Personal site www.hhs48.com, Download site www.mhcable.com/~chuckh