help with Debian

W. Nick Dotson nickdotson at bellsouth.net
Sun Dec 19 13:29:19 EST 2004

I'm just a newbie in Fedora 3 myself, but remember in the installation having to turn off "cups off" "firstboof off" and "kudzu off".  This was during the
installation so it wouldn't go through I guess, and look at all the ports, and figure that the printer was attached to one of them and really, your speech
synthesizer was on one of the lines and got disconnected by the server until it though itwas being called on again.  I really don't know, but that's my guess
as to why those lines were and they said in the docs, if you didn't turn them off, your speech would come up and then stop.

Nick