download site

Terry D. Cudney terry at wasaga.dyns.net
Sun Dec 19 13:27:05 EST 2004

Hi Glenn,

	Glad to hear that you are progressing in this installation.

	My setup is somewhat similar to yours, in that I have a router connected to the cable modem and the machine connected to the router However, I have assigned static (private) ip numbers to my local machines. The router obtains it's public ip fromthe isp(modem). So, in the Debian setup, I don't use DHCP, but rather configure manually, entering the local IP of the machine I'm installing on. If the routing is correct the installation then proceeds as normal to the point where it presents a list of debian mirrors in the country you have selected. Just choose the mirror closest to you and carry on.

	I know this can be a bit confusing the first time you do it, but after that it seems quite natural.

	HTH,

	--terry