Speakfreely question/problem

Scott Howell n3byy at adelphia.net
Wed Dec 15 19:12:37 EST 2004

Folks,

I recently got a Linksys BEFSX41 router and the only problem I'm having
is the following.
When I launch my script to start Speakfreely, I hear nothing and seems
no one is hearing or receiving my packets, but I know I'm not getting
anything. When I quit the program I get the following message.

connecting look who's listening socket: Connection refused

Now I'm pretty sure I set the thing up correctly. I forwarded the proper
ports, 2074 to 2076 and 4074 to 4076, but I believe I only need 4074 to
4076 in any case. I then read a bit on port triggering and so I set that
up, but not sure if that was necessary. I did choose both udp and tcp
because I couldn't recall if Speakfreely used only udp or not, but that
sticks in my mind. Any thoughts on what I need to correct in order to
get this working?

tnx
Scott