Same FC3 CD boot problem!

David Bruzos david at bruzos.org
Fri Dec 10 10:47:36 EST 2004

Hello all:
I am making this post in adition to one that I just made, because I
think this is important and want everyone that should see it to see it.

Anyway, I downloaded the FC3 CD images the other day and made the four
cd's.  I checked the md5sums and they were the same.
However, the first disc will only boot on two of my four
machines.  I don't it is a problem with a type of cdrom-drive, because I
put multiple (different) cdrom-drives in my computer to try to get it
to boot and  had no luck.  I even recorded the first disc on a
different type of CD
media, but the results were the same.  So, I ended up installing FC3 on
my laptop, because my destop machine would not boot from CD 1.

Also important to note:  I have never had any problems booting to
CD from any of these machines.  I made sure that they were properly
configured to boot from CD in the BIOS and I tested it with another
bootable CD.  So, I know they are working properly.

Thanx again!

David B.