apache log and access control

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Tue Dec 7 08:21:20 EST 2004

Hi, Chuck:

I'll bet you might learn something interesting if you put that hex into
a Google search field and add the word apache.org. I expect it's some
script kitty probing for ancient vulnerabilities. Just a thought.

You can replicate denyfrom and alowfrom lines as many times as you need.
On the other hand, you may be chasing your tail adding them forever as
the kitties will just keep on a comin. Unless you're really getting your
bandwidth clobbered, why not just let apache frustrate those evil doers?