possible conflict between brltty and speakup with 2.6.8 kernel

Cheryl Homiak chomiak at charter.net
Sun Aug 29 17:26:37 EDT 2004

A few days ago, I discovered
that when I ran speakup and brltty together, the flow of information when
doing something like a kernel build or update or anything that meant a lot
of info coming through rapidly would stop in brltty (with braillelite 40
on first serial port). speakup, as a software module, was unaffected. at
first I thought it had something to do with using speakup modules, but
today I realized brltty was doing the same thing with ltlk compiled into
the kernel. Data continues to flow through the braille display if I
press a key on the keyboard; this can be control or alt as well as
other keys.
Has anybody else experienced the problem?

--
Cheryl