dpkg problems

Cheryl Homiak chomiak at charter.net
Wed Aug 25 19:59:30 EDT 2004

Well, here are a couple more suggestions; don't know that they work but i
hate the thought of you having to completely reinstall!!1
you could try uninstalling exim completely and then seeing if you can
reinstall exim3. Either dpkg -P exim or apt-get remove exim could be
tried; you also could try apt-get remove exmi* (note the asterisk after
the word exim) to see if it will just take everything connected with exim.
The only thing is: i don't know how you got it to install exim4, so I
don't know if when you try to install again it will try to install exim4
on you again. You could try these steps and see how far you get though.
Another possibility is to use aptitude instead of apt-get; I know that
worked one time when apt-=get didn't but I haven't read up on it yet so
don't use it much.
Hope something here helps.

--
Cheryl