Problems making a new initrd to make a new kernel of speakup talk

Sean M McMahon smcmahon at usgs.gov
Tue Aug 10 13:56:43 EDT 2004

Sorry that's the problem with being new to things.  I figured fedora uses
grub, so does sarge.  Fedora uses mkinitrd, so does sarge.  We don't have
a specific installation howto for speakup and debian with speakup.  The
kernel documentation for kernel-image-speakup doesn't mention anything
about how speakup was compiled or how to start it from bootup with the
correct synth.  What are the debian equivalent steps for making an initrd
with speakup talking at bootup?

Kenny Hitt <kenny at hittsjunk.net>
Sent by: speakup-bounces at braille.uwo.ca
08/10/2004 03:47 AM
Please respond to "Speakup is a screen review system for Linux."