possible bug in speakup

Sean M McMahon smcmahon at usgs.gov
Wed Aug 4 14:36:50 EDT 2004

I could just have a bad image but I noticed when I typed echo bns >
/proc/speakup/synth_name speakup said braille'nspeak and the driver
version then nothing.  At this point I must have been somewhere else in
some other kind of view because I had to start a no console and shutdown-r
to get speach again.  If my braillelite has to be the acntsa then ok I
guess.  My version is kernel 2.4.24-speakup speakup is cvs version from
feb 11.  When I tried to load the speakup module for bns by doing modprobe
speakup_bns, the kernel could not find that module.  When I did insmod
speakup_bns, that module could not be found.  This is the kernel available
on the sarge iso I got from the speakup ftp site.  I do remember that
typing speakup_synth=bns at the boot prompt on another machine worked so
maybe this isn't entirely the iso's fault.Sean