I did something stupid now there is no speech

Ralph W. Reid rreid at sunset.net
Wed Aug 4 14:35:18 EDT 2004

If you are using the kernel you specified, you might find the version
in /proc/speakup/version. Running `cat /proc/speaup/version` here on
my Slackware 10.0 system produces the following:

Speakup v-2.00 CVS: Mon Jun 7 10:52:38 EDT 2004
synth acntpc version 1.1

HTH and have a _great_ day.

On Tue, Aug 03, 2004 at 11:26:13AM -0700, Sean M McMahon wrote:
> Ok I fixed my talking at bootup problem by hitting the down aro at bootup
> a few times pressing enter, and speakup came up.  I'm still curious though
> how I make the new kernel bootup talking sinse that became the default.
> Both entries in the /boot/grub/menu.lst file look identical but one came
> up talking the other did not.  They both end with boot and nothing after
> the word boot on that line.  On a related note, can someone tell me what
> the version of speakup is in deb kernel-image-2.4.26-1-speakup?  The file
> /usr/share/doc/kernel-image-2.4.26-1-speakup/buildinfo does not specify.

rreid at sunset.net  http://personalweb.sunset.net/~rreid
Opinions herein are either mine or they are flame bait.
_PI = 4 * ARCTAN (1)