OT: Will a DVD work on my old system?

Willem van der Walt<willem@top.health.gov.za> willem at top.health.gov.za
Tue Aug 3 06:13:56 EDT 2004

Hello,
I see no reason why under linux, you would not be able to use the
dvd/cdrom
  reading capabilities.
If you set the speed low enough, you should also be able to write cds and,
i think, dvds.
You would most likely have problems in using the dvd for playing dvds in
real time.
I wrote cds on a 486 without problems at speed 1.
hth
Willem