help installing Gnopernicus

Kevin Roggeman kevin.roggeman at insightbb.com
Fri Apr 30 20:28:47 EDT 2004

I am using the Fedora Linux.  I did a minimal install when I put it on the computer.

I went to this web site for Gnopernicus installation instructions.

http://www.baum.ro/gnopernicus_download.html

Since I did not install the Gnome desktop when I installed Linux, I got everything through CVS from the previous site.

I ran the following commands to download everything.
cvs -z3 co at-spi gconf gtk+ libglade libgnome libgnomeui gnome-xml gnome-speech gnome-mag

cvs -z3 co gnopernicus

I also ran the Festival RPM from the Fedora disk for a synthesizer.

Now, I am confused on the build and install process for Gnome and Gnopernicus.

The instructions at http://www.baum.ro/gnopernicus_build_install.html are confusing to me.  I am still new to the Linux system.

This page does not mention on how to install the Gnome desktop and it it is mentioning GNU tools that I am not sure I have.

I am not sure if it is possible, but can somebody explain this better than this web page does?  Are these GNU install tools on the Fedora disks?  How do I install the Gnome desktop from the files that I retrieved from CVS?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Kevin Roggeman