New to the list

Brice Mijares bricem at charter.net
Fri Apr 30 15:05:04 EDT 2004

Hello All,  I'm new to the list and am going to need some help.
I have an older computer that has been sitting around here for a couple of
years and decided to put it to some use.  It's a P-200, with 48 megs of ram,
and currently it has win 98, and a PC double talk synthesizer.
I want to teach myself Linux, but I should say, I've got a little experience
with it, or better yet, UNIX.  Now, what's the best way to go about this,
meaning do I want to dump win 98 since I don't need it, and do a clean
install of Linux.  If so, Which  package should I go with
Also, will there be any speech as I do the installation?  I'm sure there is
more questions I should ask, but  until I get going, I don't know what
further to ask.