debian speech-dispatcher

Cheryl Homiak chomiak at charter.net
Thu Apr 29 13:43:10 EDT 2004

Well thanks Gene; that was enlightening.
I didn't have libdotconf-dev as I had taken the installation instructions
literally and just intalled libdotconf; should have known with debian
there would be a dev.
Thought I had speech-dispatcher installed with debian but using the * in
the apt-get revealed a lot of packages that weren't installed.
and my automake was still at 1.4-something. It was really strange; running
automake --version showed the version but running dpkg -s automake showed
the 1.7 version and showed it as not installed. So i had to download it
directly from debian.
Anyway, think I have everything installed now except speechd-up.
will keep you posted.

--
Cheryl