debian speech-dispatcher

Cheryl Homiak chomiak at charter.net
Thu Apr 29 11:52:09 EDT 2004

Has anybody tried using the speech-dispatcher and related packages in
debian unstable? Is it possible to do that or is source required since
speechd-up has to be compiled (I didn't see that on debian0. Also, the
debian package isn't quite the latest speech-dispatcher.
I'm asking because when I tried to compile speech-dispatcher with 'make
all' it claimed there wasn't any rule to make target "all'. so i tried:

aclocal && autoconf && autoheader && automake -a && automake
automake: src/c/clients/say/Makefile.am: not supported: source file
`$(c_api)/li
bspeechd.h' is in subdirectory
automake: src/tests/Makefile.am: not supported: source file
`$(c_api)/libspeechd
.h' is in subdirectory
automake: src/tests/Makefile.am: not supported: source file
`$(c_api)/libspeechd
.h' is in subdirectory
automake: src/tests/Makefile.am: not supported: source file
`$(c_api)/libspeechd
.h' is in subdirectory
config/modules/Makefile.am:3: invalid variable `dist_moduleconf_DATA'
config/clients/Makefile.am:5: invalid variable `dist_clientconf_DATA'
And also i never have figured out what pthreads (one of the listed
requirements) is.
So either i'm missing something key here or I got the wrong archive
(speech-dispatcher-0.3.tar.gz) or something.
Since nobody else is happening a problem, I have the awful suspicion I'm
missing something obvious, but I can't figure out what that would be.
Thanks.

--
Cheryl