ideas for Mozilla integration

Kenny Hitt kenny at hittsjunk.net
Mon Apr 26 06:19:01 EDT 2004

Hi.  From what I understand, Freedombox is using interfaces that are
already a part of Mozilla.  They haven't modified Mozilla, just written
an app to use the accessibility interfaces in the browzer.  You can
write the same program if you want to learn the interfaces and take the
time.
Deciding to complain because someone else wrote a program you want (and
can  write for yourself) just makes you look bad and accomplishes
nothing.

The best thing to come from Freedombox is to show that the problem with
Mozilla access isn't because of lack of hooks in Mozilla.  If
Gnopernicus doesn't give the same access to Mozilla as Freedombox then
it is a Gnome/Gnopernicus problem instead of the "problem with Mozilla"
the Gnome developers claim.

I don't like using a commercial product to access Mozilla, but I've been
promised access from the Gnome accessibility project for almost 2 years.
Until I decide to write my own program, Freedombox will get my business
just because they have results.  Maybe there will be access from Gnome
some day, but I'm not holding my breath.
If you want to start demanding things from a group I think the Gnome
Accessibility Project should be contacted first.  At the least,
demanding Gnome Accessibility stop over marketing their product would be
a good thing.

          Kenny